Ground breaking for the Micah Center took place on September 15th with over 85 people in attendance. After an inspiring time of worship and music, homemade pies and ice cream were served.
Tell me about the new Micah Center.
- The name was chosen from the scriptural mandate in Micah 6:8 which states, “You have been told, O Mortal what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, to love kindness and to walk humbly with your God.” The major uses for the building will be addressing social justice issues, providing hospitality and fellowship, and providing a space for worship and prayer.
- The 5,400 square foot building will be built on the lot north of our present building. The building will include an area able to seat 125-150 people comfortably, an institutional accessible kitchen, storage, a prayer and meeting space and a children’s room. We are hoping to have full audio and technical equipment. The construction will be as “green” as possible.
- If you feel led to donate, you can visit the donate link on the home page, or send donations to:
Dale Presbyterian Church; PO Box 426, Dale, IN 47523 with “Micah Center” in the memo line.
What programs are already going on?
- Community Table – A free meal every Thursday (except Thanksgiving) to anyone who attends. Meal is served from 5:30-6:30 PM. To volunteer, contact Tom or Shanthi Thake: 812.393.0818
- Summer Community Adventures – A free, weekly summer program targeting children who need food, remediation, activities and tutoring. To volunteer, contact Tom or Shanthi Thake: 812.393.0818
- Let’s Eat – Bags of non-perishable food sent home with every child who attends Community Table or Summer Community Adventures
- ESL Classes (English as a Second Language) – a partnership with Vincennes University Adult Education Program, free to students offered on Tuesday and Thursday nights 5:00-8:00 pm
- Benefit Bank of Indiana – a partnership with Purdue Extension, which provides volunteers to help individuals apply for state and federal services, and to prepare taxes. Contact Mike Harney: 812.937.4814 or 812.937.4428 for appointment
- Boy Scouts- The troop meets the 1st, 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month.
- 3b Program- Coming soon, Dale PC will offer the Smock Program called 3b: Body, Brain and Belief for adults 50+.